Wednesday, May 6, 2009

What My Parents Use To When I Got In Trouble

When I was young I use to get into a lot of trouble. I didn't use to get spanked, but I would just get scolded. My mom would be the one who would be scolding. She would tell me that I wasn't suppose to be doing that. My dad...he wouldn't do nothing. He would just look at me and say don't do that. And when I get into trouble around my sisters, I would get spanked..or get kicked out of the house. Then I would have to go to my dad's house. I know my rights and wrongs right now. My parents taught me well, even my grandparents. When I didn't know much, I use to take money that wasn't mine. Then my grandma would tell me that if I steal, my nails would turn ugly and long. I believed her, so I stopped stealing. Then when I use to get dirty or something, my mom would tell me that there are bugs in the mud. So I stopped getting dirty. I even remember the time I was playing hide and seek during the night. My grandma would tell me that the old woman would eat me. That story is an old story from long time ago. It's also a true story, there are many yup'ik stories that tell how to behave. My mom would even tell me to stop bothering my sisters. I use to bother them everyday, if they don't play with me, I would cry until my mom tells them to play with me. I use to boss around my older brother, I use to make him cry,yell, and yeah. That's my job =]. Now my lil brothers took over and start bothering me. I don't really like it, now I know how my older siblings felt when I use to bother them. Well if I had kids I would raise them like the way my mom raised me. She works her butt off to buy the things we need, or don't need. She thinks about the kids first other than herself. That's the kind of mother I would want to be. But then I don't want to have kids right now. I want to have my freedom first.

No comments:

Post a Comment